Updated January 9, 2023
The Peace and Justice Center has created a welcoming space for groups and/or individuals interested in using the downstairs space for events and/or meetings.
We have taken the following preventative measures to avoid the spread of Covid-19 at the Center and provide easy disability access:
- Purchased two CO2 monitors (people exhale CO2), two HEPA air purifiers (viruses often travel attached to water droplets or dust), and four fans to help circulate air when windows are open.
- Chairs and tables are set up to allow wheelchair access on the first floor. If you need to rearrange the tables and chairs, always keep access in mind.
To protect yourself, as well as others while inside, please follow these rules:
- Wear a mask. Masks are required. We have a supply of masks for those who need one.
- No food allowed. You may bring a water bottle or non-alcoholic drink of choice for your use.
- Open the following windows while in the house for circulation:
- Bathroom window, kitchen window, windows in the front room, windows in the middle room.
- Turn on both air purifiers, one in the front room, and the other in the middle room.
- Turn on the four fans, two in the front room, and two in the middle room.
- Check both CO2 monitors numbers before your event begins. If at any time, the number on any monitor reaches 950 or above, please ask people to take a 5 minute outside break to bring the CO2 numbers down.
- Open the front and back doors for more air circulation.
After your meeting/event is over, please do the following:
- Close and lock windows in all the rooms – front and middle room, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Turn off purifiers.
- Turn off the fans.
- Close and lock front and back doors, and the front door gate.
- Return tables and chairs to their original position.
If you are interested in reserving space, please email Joan@sanjosepeace.org.