The San Jose Peace & Justice Center, a resource center for progressive activism in the South Bay, is seeking a part-time bookkeeper.
The San Jose Peace and Justice Center (SJPJC) was founded in 1957 and operates out of the Collins House, one half block from SJSU. We provide space and resources for individuals and organizations to meet, mobilize and organize on issues related to peace and justice. Further information about SJPJC is available at sanjosepeace.org
Bookkeeper Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts.
- Pay bills as they come due for payment
- Make bank deposits and record all cash receipts.
- Process payroll and pay taxes (state & federal).
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system.
- Provide administrative support to the Director when required.
Bookkeeper Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of associate’s degree in business administration, accounting, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with accounting software.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Prior experience with non-profit accounting desirable but not required.
Salary range: $300 -$500/month, depending on experience.
SJPJC is a grassroots organization and all our funding is generously provided by supporter donations. The Collins Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the owner of the Collins House and is our fiscal sponsor.
Email cover letter, resume and 3 references to bookkeeperjob [at] sanjosepeace.org
Please put RESUME in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Any questions may be sent to the email address above.
Application deadline is May 6, 2019.
EOE. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQI individuals, those with disabilities, those with working class backgrounds, people with incarcerated loved ones, and people who are formerly incarcerated to apply.